Re: SQLLDR

From: Thomas J Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/10/25

Brit.Willoughby_at_WichitaKS.ATTGIS.Com (Brit Willoughby) wrote:

If you don't have a requirement to do direct path loads, then the following will work:

load data
infile *
append into table MyData
fields terminated by ',' optionally enclosed by '"'

(Field1 "substr(:field1,1,10)",
 Field2 "substr(:field2,1,10)",
 Field3 "substr(:field3,1,10)" )

begindata
"Some Data","This Data2 is too long!","Some Data"
"My Data","This Data is too long too!","Data"
"Data","Ok Data","Nice Data"

You can apply any SQL or even PL/SQL routine to incoming data via this method.

> Lets say I have the following load.ctl file:

>load data
>infile 'MyData.DAT'
>append into table MyTable
>fields termilated by ',' optionally enclosed in '"'
>(Field1,Field2,Field3)

> The Field widths are 10,10,10, respectivly of char.

> The data looks like:

>"Some Data","This Data2 is too long!","Some Data"
>"My Data","This Data is too long too!","Data"
>"Data","Ok Data","Nice Data"

> How can I truncate the 2ed piece of data to ensure that is is only
>10 long and will fit in Field2?

> I can't figure out how to use the Position statement because the
>positions vary from line to line.
>

> Any help will be... helpful! :)

> Brit willoughby
> Brit.Willoughby_at_WICHITAKS.ATTGIS.COM

> Brit Willoughby
> Brit.Willoughby_at_WichitaKS.ATTGIS.Com

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government Received on Wed Oct 25 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message