Re: RAID 5 performance

From: R Glenn Stauffer <stauffer_at_crabapple.cc.swarthmore.edu>
Date: 1995/10/25

In article <46eoe6$e8v_at_ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>, <rstrouss_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>We're setting up a RAID 5 envirronment on an HP 9000 box and I'm
>hoping the 32 meg cache will minimize the problem that you're
>encountering in your situation.

Is there any reason to have concerns about recoverability with a large controller write cache. I seem to remember reading somewhere that you should use direct writes with Oracle. If anyone can educated me (us) on this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.

Glenn Stauffer
DBA
Swarthmore College Received on Wed Oct 25 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message