Re: HPUX V10.01 and Raw Devices

From: Andy Chan <chanandy_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 1995/10/23

cbinder_at_texas.net (Carolyn Binder) wrote:
> From what I've heard and am learning, they are probably more
>of a headache than they are worth, especially if you have sysadms and DBAs
>who are not very familiar with raw devices.

It's perhaps not as bad as you imagine. We've been using databases with raw devices on HP machines for a long time now. They perform well and do not cost too much headache in sysadm perspective --- this of course assume you're experience with LVM. Most importantly, it reduce the expensive file system I/O bottleneck.

Andy :) Received on Mon Oct 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message