DB_NAME in init.ora

From: Ken Huisman <kenhui_at_wnet.gov.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 1995/10/20

I was reading in the administrator guide that "after creation [of the database], the database's name cannot be easily changed".

I was wondering if it is actually possible to change the database name. If it is, does anyone know how to do it? I know the name gets stuck in the control files, data files, and redo logs, and you would have to change it in all these places ( as well as the init.ora file) Is it possible to do this, or would it be easier to just create a new database on another machine and do a full import from the origional database, and then recreate the database on the origional machine?

please send email, thanks.

Ken H.

khuisman_at_wnet.gov.edmonton.ab.ca Received on Fri Oct 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message