3 minutes to connect?

From: FJ!! <fj_at_spdcc.com>
Date: 1995/10/18

I have created this little application with PRO*C that queries our Oracle 7 database running on SunOS 4.1. This program is meant to be called remotly by some other program. It is not very complex, it is actually so simple that it could be an example program.

When I execute it by hand (ie, when I start it up at the command-line) it takes seconds to execute and deliver the information. When I start it up remotely (actually, it gets called over the World Wide Web cgi-bin), it does deliver the data, and it does make the query - but, according to the logs, executing EXEC SQL CONNECT takes between 4 and 4,5 minutes, that first sqlcex call takes that long to return.

This is not desirable. To say the least.

I must have all my enviroment-variables right - the query does get made and I do connect after all. Does anyone have any idea on what is causing this or any strategies I could use to get closer to a solution? I'm rather baffled.

                                                FJ van Wingerde Received on Wed Oct 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message