Re: Oracle in-class training vs. CBT

From: Alan Nolan-Davies - IR Contractor <alan>
Date: 1995/10/09

I attended the DBA7 I course in Bracknell,UK last November and as an introduction to adminstering Oracle 7 I would find it hard to beat going on the course.

As it was at the time I had 7 years experience of versions 5 & 6, although the last time I did the course was for version 5, so the course can provide a lot of detail.

After that though I acquired the CBT notes for DBA I & II and although I have found them good, they are no substitute for actually being there.

I would recommend that where time and costs can justify, do the course.

The CBT's are a useful backup, which of course can be referenced anytime.

ttfn,
Alan...

  alan.nolan-davies_at_bcs.org.uk		http://www.gold.net/users/fz01/