Re: ORACLE Configuration

From: Matthew M. Lih <matt.lih_at_trw.com>
Date: 1995/10/07

In article <44va2m$520_at_pcnet2.pcnet.net>, Paul Baumgartel <paulb_at_pcnet.com> says:

>chswrvg9_at_ibmmail.com wrote:

>>- Should we run forms/reports/graphics from a file server or from the
>> workstations disk ? Clients run WinOS2 and Windows 3.11.

>Administration and maintenance are much easier if you keep one copy of applications
>on a file server to be shared by users. Make sure your network is humming, though.

>>- Recommended configuration CPU/disk/RAM for above clients ?

>Pentium 90, 500MB disk, minimum 16 MB (32 is better)

I'm running a 486/66 w/16M RAM, but I sure don't recommend it! In my experience, the limiting factor is the amount of RAM, not the CPU. Get at least 24M.

>>- Shall developpers start designer/2000 from a file server or locally ?

>No experience with this, but above arguments re maintenance apply.

Five of us share the Oracle tools over Netware. No problems so far.

Matthew M. Lih
Software Lead, SAIN Project
TRW Data Technologies Division Received on Sat Oct 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message