Re: dbms_output.get_line(s) how to ?

From: Saad Ahmad <sahmad_at_mfa.com>
Date: 1995/10/04

Mark Pritchett (mark_at_unisol.demon.co.uk) wrote:
> Having searched the documentation and drawn a blank with Oracle (UK) I
> thought I'd see if any one on the Internet could supply an example of
> how to use the get_line function within PL/SQL.
> We have a long running Pl/SQL block and wish to display progress prior
> to its completion. The above function looks ideally suited but all
> attempts to coerce it into revealing was has been buffered by

> put_line have failed.

put progress information on a pipe and let the pipe listener do the display of the progress.

refer to the dbmspipe package

*                          Saad Ahmad                        *
*                          McHugh Freeman & Associates, Inc. *
*                          Ph:  (414) 798-8606 Ext. 457      *
*                          Fax: (414) 798-8619               *
*                          E-Mail: sahmad_at_mfa.com            *