Oracle and ODBC

From: Rafat Hilal <sygma_at_cam.org>
Date: 1995/10/02

Hi,

  We are currently moving a legacy system from 3270 screens and DB2 mainframe to oracle on HP UNIX and windows stations. The server functionality will be moved from DB2 COBOL to Oracle COBOL and stations will be in visual C++. We are currently looking at using either ODBC or CICS to communicate between the client and the server and I would like to know if there exist any studies on the performance of ODBC with ORACLE in a client server environment and how to call COBOL programs using an ODBC connection. I will greatly appreciate any information regarding any of these subjects.

Thank you. Received on Mon Oct 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message