GPFs in Developer/2000 Products - A Possible Cause for

From: Francisco Piragibe <piragibe_at_iis.com.br>
Date: 1995/09/30

A few days ago, I was fixing some bugs in forms and graphics built by my project's team using FORMS 4.5.6 (F45DES) and GRAPHICS 2.5 (G25DES). After doing some fixes, I decided to run the application (F45RUN), and MS-WINDOWS gave me a "Not enough memory to run..." message. My PC had 16MB of main memory; 70% of the mysterious system resources had been reported available shortly before and no other tasks but the program manager and the clock were running when I called F45RUN: the message certainly appeared due to a sudden lack of free memory below 1MB (low memory).

This has made me wonder. Maybe most of the GPFs I have faced so far are due to improper cleaning of low memory regions, either by MS-WINDOWS or by ORACLE products. If I hadn't called another program (if I had called the application from F45DES, for instance), I wouldn't have noticed the lack of low memory and another GPF might've occurred...

Does someone there know whether I am right or wrong?? Received on Sat Sep 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message