More NT questions???

From: Steve Perry <dpsmp_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/09/30

Thanks for all the help with my questions. I seem to get quicker responses here than I do from tech support :)

I have a couple more questions that I need to get answered.

  1. With SQL Server, I can use temp tables that get dropped automatically. Does Oracle have an equivalent?
  2. Is there a good way to transfer data from MS SQL Server to Oracle. I spent most the day trying to use SQL Loader and it didn't seem to recognize the column type definitions in my control file. After it choked with errors, I looked at the log file and it showed all columns as "character" rather than integer, date ... BTW, I was running off the client rather than on the Server. Are there tools out there to do this? What's the secret to setting up the proper control file? I defined it as comma delimited and it ignored it and read one character into each column until it blew up.

Thanks,

Steve Received on Sat Sep 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message