Re: OPO and Blaze database

From: Kasu Sista <sista_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1995/09/25

>I am developing an application that will be prototyped using Oracle Power
>Objects and Blaze database. One major component of our prototype is to
>import ascii text from a bar-code scanner. I am having difficulty in
>finding information about importing data into the Blaze database. What
>ideas are out there for importing and exporting ascii text files from the
>Blaze database? Appreciate any help and insight I can get on this issue.

There are no tools available at this point to accomplish this. It is messy but you can write some Oracle Basic code that would accomplish this. You basically have to do some file I/O to get the Ascii text line, parse it and then do the Insert into Blaze. But the ODBC driver should be out pretty soon, and this should make it easy to accomplish this.

Kasu Sista, Co-Author OPO Developer's Guide Links Technology Corp.
Chicago, IL Received on Mon Sep 25 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message