Re: Help !! Hints and Explain Plan

From: Sybrand Bakker <Sybrand.Bakker_at_Bentley.nl>
Date: 1995/09/21

raj_at_cs.clemson.edu (Rajasekaran Rangarajan) wrote:
>Hi,
> I was trying to improve the perfromance of some of the queries
>that we had by putting in hints. Basically what I had was something
>like this
>
>SELECT /*+ INDEX(AIS.ACCOUNT_TYPE CODE) */
>FROM

(Stuff deleted)

As you didn't include your complete statement, I'm not quite sure, I have a feeling though:
If you use a table alias in your select statement, you have to use that alias in your hint. Using the table_name will not work. This behavior is documented somewhere in the manuals, however in a passing remark only.

Hope this helps,

Sybrand Bakker
Senior IS Analyst
Bentley Systems Europe
Polaris avenue 33
2132 JH Hoofddorp
The Netherlands

#include <std_dclaimer.h> Received on Thu Sep 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message