Re: powerobjects

From: Kasu Sista <sista_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1995/09/17

In article <43ggmq$4jf$1_at_mhafm.production.compuserve.com> JMC <100430.523_at_CompuServe.COM> writes:
>From: JMC <100430.523_at_CompuServe.COM>
>Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
>Subject: powerobjects
>Date: 17 Sep 1995 06:54:18 GMT

>has anyone used powerobjects. I need to know how it is comparing
>to powerbuilder or forms 4.5 and reports 2.5
>Please reply by Email.
>thanks.

We have been using Power Objects for a few months now. Its strengths are easy data access, Visual Objects, quite a bit of RI, and cross platform capabilities. It is a lot easier to learn than powerbuilder. It is not targeted at the enterprise level though. It is more for Workgroups with 1-3 developers. There are no physical limitations for deploying on larger systems, but they do not have any team development tools. The report writer is pretty basic. So if you need a tool for an enterprisewide development you are better off with Forms 4.5.

Kasu Sista, Co-Author, OPO Developer's Guide Links Technology Corp.
Chicago, IL Received on Sun Sep 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message