Re: Problem creating foreign keys

From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton_at_sratech.com>
Date: 1995/09/16

Can't create keys but you know they're there, eh?

This is a bug in 7.1.4. I tore my hair out over it for two days after I upgraded my OS from SunOS and Oracle from 7.0.16 to 7.1.4. When I created the new DB and tried to import, all my keys were invalid.

The problem is that there are statistics generated by ANALYZE TABLE existing in the data dictionary. You have to do an ANALYZE TABLE xxx DELETE STATISTICS to make it work. Bizarre, but the only workaround other than turning off the cost-based optimizer.

Supposedly fixed in 7.2 (I'll be upgrading soon).

Chris

| Chris Hamilton |
| chamilton_at_sratech.com |
| SRA Technologies, Inc. |