Re: Problem creating foreign keys

From: Roger Snowden <snowden_at_haven.ios.com>
Date: 1995/09/15

: If your error is ORA-2294 (parent keys not found) and you are using the
: cost-based optimizer this might be of some help.

: SESSION statement) has no effect. The workaround is to delete statistics, create
: the constraint, and then recreate the statistics. The bug number is 234738.
: Oracle says it has been fixed in RDBMS 7.1.5.

I had the exact same problem, also with 7.1.4. We tried exporting the parent table, droping and recreating and importing it. It worked, but what a pain! We found out about the statistics problem later that day, so that would be my first choice for a workaround.

Roger Snowden
snowden_at_haven.ios.com
snowdenr_at_boystown.org Received on Fri Sep 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message