forms 4.0 relation doesn't work!

From: D. Register <e247523_at_l10a.decnet.lockheed.com>
Date: 1995/09/14

A few days ago I posted a request for help with a problem with Oracle Forms 4.0. I have one parent table and several child tables with a common field. I tried to make a form that would display the parent table as well as the child tables. I created a block for each table and used the master/detail for the child table blocks. When I run the form and do a query, I only get the parent block filled in.

After my last post someone suggested switching off the 'deferred' option and using only one instance of the triggers 'on-populate-details' and 'on-clear-details' at form level. I did this but it did not help. Can anyone see anything wrong with my table definitions?

create table soradba.rea
(

  rea_no               character    (00012)    not null

, subject character (00030) not null
, curr_date date default sysdate
, req_date date not null
, orig_n character (00030) not null
, orig_dept character (00008) not null
, orig_ph character (00008) not null
, constraint pkrea primary key (rea_no)
  using index tablespace rea_indexspace
)
tablespace rea1
storage (
         initial 1k next 1k
         minextents 1 maxextents 121
         pctincrease 0
        )

;
create table soradba.harness
(
  rea_no               character    (00012)    not null

, assm_no character (00010) not null
, dash character (00004)
, assm_rev character (00004)
, assm_mu character (00004)
, constraint fkharness foreign key (rea_no)
  references soradba.rea(rea_no) on delete cascade )
tablespace rea1
storage (
         initial 1k next 1k
         minextents 1 maxextents 121
         pctincrease 0
        )

;
/*

Damon Received on Thu Sep 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message