Re: OLE automation error

From: A little left of plumb <dwyche_at_giant.intranet.com>
Date: 1995/09/13

In article <1995Sep7.150629.17348_at_rsv.svskt.se>, matlar_at_rsv.svskt.se (Mats Larsson) writes:

> This probably a very simple question.
>
> I've just started using Visual Basic and Personal Oracle 7.
> I don't know how to handle 'OLE automation error'
> It occurs when I try to retrieve the next record and there aren't any.
> The reason can be that the actual table is empty!
> Test on eof/bof doesn't work.
>
> Does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance.

If MyDyna.BOF And MyDyna.EOF then EmptyDynasetHandler

works for me...

You can get more information from the error message. Are you trapping the error? Try taking out the trap temporarily and letting it blow up in line. Then Error$ should give you the Oracle error message appended to the VB message you see. Even in your trap, Error$ will give you both messages but Error$(Err) will only give you the 'OLE automation error' you're currently seeing.

HTH... david Received on Wed Sep 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message