Literature

From: KEVIN GUNN <gunnk_at_winchcombe.win-uk.net>
Date: 1995/09/10

Dear All;

        I'm relatively new to Oracle so please be patient.

        I am currently employed Developing & Maintaining a Brewery
        Quality System ( LIMS ) which 'Front ends' a Runtime Oracle
        database on a DEC VAX. We have two machine one running
        version 6 the other version 7. I now need to access Oracle
        directly.

        I have the Oracle installation guide and have the two
        databases up and running.

        I also have literature on SQL for both versions.

        What I am interested in now is general administration
        and utility guides: IMP / EXP etc.

        Can anyone recommend any reading and inform me from where
        in can be sourced in the U.K. ( or Internet sites perhaps ).

                                   Thanks in advance for any
                                        forthcoming info.

Why is it that when anything works as it should it always takes you by surprise and causes difficulties ???