Re: Oracle on fast SCO boxes: anyone got one? I'd be interested to know.

From: Marc Kelderman <mad_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1995/09/10

In article <DEJrFK.81x_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>, deverill2_at_cix.compulink.co.uk says...

>I've got a customer with a feisty Compaq Proliant 4000 with 4
>Pentium/100s and 256Mb of memory, running SCO Open Server v3 (not v5).
>
>It PANICs regularly, which is a bummer. I feel a bit upset trying to
>advocate the use of Compaq/SCO as an Oracle platform. Anyone else using
>this reliably?

We've got 5 Compaq/Proliants 4000. For applications up to 15 users there is no problem. We had an application up to 50 users. The system was heavely loaded. We now running on SUN.

regards

Marc Received on Sun Sep 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message