Re: Question: Did we made a mistake in choosing Oracle?

From: Roger Snowden <snowden_at_haven.ios.com>
Date: 1995/09/08

Sophistry (sophistry_at_aol.com) wrote:
: Our question is, what is the average time it takes to talk to a human and
: once
: contact has been made to get an answer?

My experience is that it depends on the type of question, and which wait queue you select. PL/SQL questions get a human on the line in about 15 minutes, but then they don't necessarily know the answer. You have to waitn for a callback, may another day.

DBMS question mean holding for about 30 minutes or more, but usually you get a more qualified person. They are also pretty good about escalating.

Most of the Oracle people are good and helpful. The language group seems to house the rookies.

Also, their documentation is often just dead wrong. Syntax examples can be flaky. Their fax documents are usually correct and thorough. Often, a support call results in a fax being sent with correct information.

We are on their Gold program, which is 24x7. There is another level higher, which means having more-or-less dedicated Oracle people available at all times. I don't even want to know how much that costs.

Roger Received on Fri Sep 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message