Oracle v7.1.4 hangs on HP755 running HP-UX 9.05

From: Scott Buennemeyer <buenneme_at_fsl.noaa.gov>
Date: 1995/09/05

Hello all,

I'm very new to this Oracle world in which you live and as such know squat about it. I am going to be taking several Oracle courses in the near future to provide me with some enlightenment. HOWEVER, that doesn't help me out right now. I have installed Oracle v7.1.4 on an HP755 running hp-ux 9.05. Installation seemed to go just fine (once I racked my brain a few thousand times) and I've even gotten SQL Net v1 and v2 running with the help of an oracle techie. All seems fine. The primary user of this software starts hammering on it by creating and deleting tables. He claimed it to be working fine until after SQLNet gets installed. When he does these SQL operations, the whole thing just hangs and I have to abort the instance and restart it to recover. Now, I don't know very much about what he is doing, but I don't think that he is doing anything incorrectly and even if he were, he should get error messages instead of a hung instance. The exact same SQL scripts he is testing work as expected on an identically configured Oracle instance on another HP755, but the difference here is that it is running hp-ux 9.01.

My main suspicion is that this problem is hp-ux related and has nothing to do with Oracle or the SQL commands. Is there a patch(es) that will correct this? Has anyone out there experienced similar problems? I'm at my wit's

end trying to figure this out.  HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!

Thanx,

Scott Buennemeyer
NOAA/FSL/FRD & IP Unix System Administrator Boulder, CO Received on Tue Sep 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message