Oracle 7.1 on Win NT Server

From: Thomas Kuchenbuch <Thomas_Kuchenbuch_at_sz.maus.de>
Date: 1995/09/03

We got a new database server machine on which I installed Windows NT Server
3.5 and Oracle Server for NT 7.1.3 last week. I first created a small instance including SQL*Net Listeners for V1 and V2 to perform some tests.

Then, today we created the production instance and deleted the other one. When starting up the machine again NT crashed during startup. Using the last known working configuration (press <SPACE> now) we got it up and running again (once) and noticed the services for the _deleted_ instance to be
started although before we physically deleted all data-, control- and other
files for this instance.

We configured all Oracle-related services to be started manually and started the machine once again. Since then NT crashed using either normal or last known working configuration.

Using the emergency disk (made during NT installation) didn't help, we had to start installing NT again - Oracle to be installed again tomorrow
(On a Sunday) :-((

Did anyone go through this before? What did we miss?

Please mail me, if desired I'll post the result into the newsgroup.

Thanks in advance for any help,

    Thomas

Thomas Kuchenbuch eMail : thomas_kuchenbuch_at_sz.maus.de D-38106 Braunschweig Germany _no mails > 16kB, 64kB/day_