Re: OPO List Objects in Repeaters

From: Larry M. Jones <ljones_at_mindseye.berkeley.edu>
Date: 1995/09/01

Mike, You're a mine of info!!! I may survive with OPO with your help. Your suggestions are no uglier than what I've been trying. I'm learning more than I ever wanted to about recordset manipulation. Thanks again, & again, & again......

I went to Windows95 Solutions expo today in SF & sat through OPO presentation. No new info - just ran thru making a simple parent/child form. I stayed and talked to the presenter after and found out that not being able to refer to contents of screen/bound objects in in valuelists and translations is a bug, not a feature.

=select ...... where x = :container.field is supposed to work.

I also told him that I couldn't afford $200 a pop to find out if the problems I'm running into are bugs & he said he's talked to others in the same situation. He asked if I would be interested in getting together with some of them & starting some sort of OPO usergroup. He took my name, addresses, etc. Hope I hear from him. I'll pass on anything that comes up. It would be nice to at least have a current bug list available on-line somewhere for us with shoestring budgets.

OPO v1.1 should be out sometime around the end of the year or so. Hopefully the frustration level will go down somewhat with a bug-fix version.

Oracle is opening a store at www.oracle.com, supposed to be going on-line today or tomorrow and said there was a special intro price on personal OPO - I think I heard $99, but that can't be right.

Oh well, back to OPO tomorrow,

Barbara Worthing-Jones Received on Fri Sep 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message