Re: FORMS 4.0 RELATION QUESTION

From: ATAR SEN MITTAL <asmittal_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/08/31

In <424kq3$85o_at_head.globalcom.net> msanders_at_globalcom.net (Michael Sanders) writes:

>I would like to know if the forms 4.0/4.5 developers are using the
>forms relationships or using the old way to create relationships
>from the post-query trigger. Currently I am in a debate with the
>client about this issue. I have been developing Oracle forms
>since the test of time when you had to use a text editor, but
>the client says it is better to add a post-query trigger and
>"select .... into ... from ..table". I don't agree!

I believe ORACLE Forms ver 4.5 allows one to write apps without writing code or much of code. Why to write code yourself? Another thing, if you write your own SQL statements they should be optimized but default generated statements will be optimized.

These are my opinions. Your comments are welcome.

Bye Received on Thu Aug 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message