Re: Newbie questions

From: John Blackburn <jb2_at_qdot.qld.gov.au>
Date: 1995/08/31

Jesper Marcussen (dszesser_at_hp3.cbs.dk) wrote:
> Srinivas Jasti (sjasti_at_ei.org) wrote:
> : I just started using oracle.

> : I executed a compute command now I want to undo this.

> : What is the command to undo a "compute" command

> : Thanks in advance

> Just make another compute command, because it's only the last compute command
> that has an effect on the output.

This is not true. I have sql scripts that have statements as follows:

compute sum of col1 on report
compute avg of col2 on report
compute count of col3 on col4

and all the compute statements work. If you want to get rid of these computes, you must type:

clear computes

I hope this clears things up. :->

--

John Blackburn                           Phone: +61 7 32534634
jb2_at_qdot.qld.gov.au                      Fax:   +61 7 38541194

"Please enclose a stamped, self-addressed ethernet packet with
 all correspondence..."