Re: Oracle for Linux

From: Bill G. McCracken <bgmccracken_at_amoco.com>
Date: 1995/08/31

dcavens_at_schoolnet.carleton.ca (Darrell Cavens) wrote:

>Bill G. McCracken (bgmccracken_at_amoco.com) wrote:

>: Does anyone know if ANY version of Oracle will work on a Linux box?
>Somebody posted (cont remember who right now) some information about
>getting a copy working on a linux box. As far as I have heard, oracle is
>not supprting a linux port right now, but maybe if enough people harass them!

>: BTW - I am trying to find a multi-user, SQL based engine for a Linux box.
>: I'm having little luck so far -- do you know of any? Thanx.
>have you had a look at miniSQL (ftp://bond.edu.au/minevera). It does not
>handletrue transactions and such yet, but it does work very well.

>hope that helps.

>--
>Darrell Cavens
>dcavens_at_ingenia.com
>Ingenia Communications Corporation

thanx! I've downloaded mSql and looked at it. I think (ironically) it may be just a little too small for my needs. Also I didn't see a Winsock (windoze) middleware tie in...but it may handle some of my smaller stuff. thanx again.
Bill G. McCracken
bgmccracken_at_amoco.com
Amoco Oil Company Received on Thu Aug 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message