Re: Requirements to create stored procedures

From: Murray Kaiser <ae873_at_ccn.cs.dal.ca>
Date: 1995/08/30

Stefano UNTERNAEHRER (unter_at_mecati.mecasoft.ch) wrote: <stuff deleted>
: 9 delete ...;
: 10 end;
: 11

: Here I've noted the first problem... how to STOP the 'create procedure' ??
: Why is the '11' arrived ?? So, maybe I don't have run the dbmsstdx.sql
: script as sys user;

  1. I always enter a ; or / here and it compiles the procedure.

: 2- as sys user I start an sqlplus session giving the command:

: SQL> _at_/users/oracle7/rdbms/admin/dbmsstdx.sql

<stuff deleted>

: create package dbms_standard is
: *
: ERROR at line 1:
: ORA-06553: PLS-213: package STANDARD not accessible

<more stuff deleted>

: Why is this script failing? What have I missed?
: What I have to do? Thank you for any info!!!

  1. You need to run the following first SQL> _at_/usr/oracle7/rdbms/admin/standard.sql then SQL> _at_/usr/oracle7/rdbms/admin/dbmsstdx.sql

Hope this helps. I, too am just beginning to start writing procedures.

--
Murray Kaiser                  | Usual gutless disclaimer..
Nova Scotia Power              | Opinions are mine and not necessarily