Re: Oracle for Linux?

From: Georg Rehfeld <georg_at_deerwood.hanse.de>
Date: 1995/08/29

Hi Marcel,

Lee-Kon-Fong MSCL (mleekon_at_cs.vu.nl) wrote:
> Hi,

> Is there a version of Oracle for a Linux-platform?

The SCO version of Oracle runs fine on Linux using the iBCS emulator. If you are interested, I can mail an installation 'cookbook' to you.

You have to buy it, or you may give the Workgroups Server a try, it's free for 90 days and not too expensive, if you decide to really use it. Have a look at http:/www.oracle.com for download or ordering. Be aware that you will need 5 SCO executables for the installation process on Linux.

> ... Are there WWW-gateways already for accessing
> Oracle Databases?

Again have a look at http:/www.oracle.com, there are free perl scripts and other WWW stuff to download.

Bye
Georg

--
 ___   ___
| + | |__ ' Georg Rehfeld,  D-20535 Hamburg, Jordanstr. 8,  [49] (40) 2518356
|_|_\ |___, georg_at_deerwood.hanse.de