Re: print spool package

From: dan macdonald <dmacdonald_at_mailhost.wlc.com>
Date: 1995/08/28

In article <41tcv7$pln_at_mozo.cc.purdue.edu>, tmh_at_extra.cc.purdue.edu says...

>Has anyone worked on an application (maybe similar to the listener) that
 runs on
> the server
>and forwards output to a printer. I am looking for ideas as to the best
 way to
>implement this.

hi tod

the bc ministry of the environment has devleoped a "print utility" that we use to submit "reports" (report1.1, reports2.0, SQL*plus, or any operating system commands) to run on the server. in this case, the server is an HP running HP-UX.

the company i work for has used this utility quite extensively. it is not "simple" to diagnose, but the ministry is working to enhance this.

basically, it is done via "pipes".

if you'd like more information, feel free to contact me (see below), or jerry horel (jhorel_at_galaxy.gov.bc.ca), or take a look at the information on:

http://ssbwww.env.gov.bc.ca/~cap/cap_home/utilities/b_c_environment/env_p rint_utility/

jerry has graciously put his stuff there, and made the source code available.

you also might want to have a boo at:

   http://ssbwww.env.gov.bc.ca/~jhorel/

give me a shout for more info...

dan

      dan macdonald                        LGS Group Inc
      dmacdonald_at_vic.lgs.ca                victoria, bc, canada
                                           phone:604.380.6377
          "Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine..."
                                                         - john p barlow