SQLLOAD Problem with Long variable

From: Noodles <noodles_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/08/27

I've written a SQL script to extract data out of some tables. Basically, there are 7 CHAR, 1 VARCHAR and 1 LONG data fields.

 In testing the load process, I've found that SQLLOAD never finds the termination string of the VARCHAR column and just keeps reading all the way through the long data fields until it hits the size maxima. I've noticed that the delimiter for the VARCHAR field is always on the next line.

I'm using the CONTINUE IF <record string = 'string constant' because the VARCHAR field and the LONG data field can span multiple lines.

I've tried many variations of data files and control files using different formatting, string and whitespace terminators and read the manuals many times. Is there any "special" way of loading or formatting VARCHAR and LONG data fields ?

I was thinking that maybe one of my SQLPLUS SET commands is confusing the control file due to the extra space after the VARCHAR field and the delimiter being pushed to the next line. (?)

Am I missing something obvious ? Thanks in advance,

Cliff
(cbuetikofer_at_isinet.com)
(noodlesw_at_aol.com)