Re: Transportable OCI

From: Adrian Challinor <adrian_at_a-cha.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/08/27

In article <DDtnnD.1vy_at_ig.co.uk>,
Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce_at_ig.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <AC61501F96681361E_at_a-cha.demon.co.uk>,
> Adrian Challinor <adrian_at_a-cha.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Has anyone had any experience with transporting own code from one m/c to
> another? We have some OCI programs written in ANSI C that we wish to
> compile on a wide variety of platforms. However, there does not seem to be
> a generic link procedure for OCI over many platforms.
>
> Anyone got any advice?
>
> We are looking for generic links on Sequent/PTX, VAX/VMS, VAX/OSF1, HP-UX,
> SUN/SunOS, SUN/Solaris, WIN/NT......
>
> Best of luck!
>
> The technique I use for the Perl5 oracle interface is to extract a section
> of $ORACLE_HOME/proc/demo/proc.mk into my makefile.
>
> So far this has been tried on:
> Solaris 1 and 2, HP-UX 9, Unisys U6000/300, SCO 3, Sequent DYNIX/ptx 2,
> Motorola M88100 (SVR3.2), DEC UNIX 3.2, DEC Alpha, OSF/1 v2, SGI
> Iris Indigo R4000 Irix 5.3, for assorted Oracle 7 versions.
>
> Take a look in ftp.demon.co.uk:/pub/perl/DBD/Oracle/DBD-Oracle-0.24.tar.Z
> at the Makefile.PL file (it'll make much more sence if you knwo Perl5 :-).
>
> Tim.

We did it --- er, sort of! We used the Oracle.mk file, with a nasty little hack which includes all the stuff we need to compile our app. We use Oracle.mk so we get the correct libraries on the correct platform. Its nasty, it produces an executable that is just humungous, but it works.

Adrian

Telephone: (+44)-0181-852-1605           -------
Cellphone: 0860-290883                   OSIRIS \ CONSULTANTS
"The view expressed here are both mine and        ------------
my companies". Received on Sun Aug 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message