(no subject)

From: Steven D. Macaulay <macausd_at_ptsc.slg.eds.com>
Date: 1995/08/24

Obackup is vaporware at this point in time. It was in beta about a year ago but it got pulled back by Oracle. I don't know when you will see it again, but Oracle should be able to give you the latest planned date. You don't need the parallel query option, but you will need to be on a 7.1 or higher release. You will see this available on SUN before it will be available on HP and AIX. An alternative product that we have begun to evaluate is called SQL-BackTrack. It is put out by a company called DataTools (415-842-9130). Oracle was the one that told us to take a look at this product. It's is available now for Sun and is supposed to be released next month for HP. It does interface with Legato Networker, but I am not sure about how well yet. It does not need Networker to run. Received on Thu Aug 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message