Re: Oracle Power Objects-Combo Box-ValueList

From: Larry M. Jones <ljones_at_mindseye.berkeley.edu>
Date: 1995/08/23

Thanks for further information, but I've just about given up. I couldn't get the cmbListField.UpdateList() to work from anywhere in the parent form, even without trying to include a where clause. I tried after commiting new records in the parent form, post-update, post-change, post-insert, post-delete, & I don't know where else. Nothing new shows up in the combo box until you quit the form and come back in. (Never try version 1.0 of anything?)

I ended up over-normalizing the tables so I could use just pop-up boxes instead of allowing both new entry and pick-list capability of the combo boxes. Now the silly thing can't handle a simple 5-table join view - gives me an assert error.

Decided to see about how much forms would cost and found that Oracle will no longer sell Forms separately - one has to buy Developer 2000 & it's not out for NT yet. Ah well.

Thanks again. I'm looking forward to your book - wish it were coming out sooner!! Received on Wed Aug 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message