Re: **Web, Win NT, cgi, perl - how best to connect? SQL Plus or ODBC or?

From: Alireza Assadzadeh <aassadza_at_on.bell.ca>
Date: 1995/08/22

erutsch_at_sirius.com (edwin rutsch) wrote:
>We have an Oracle 7 (workgroup) database running on Windows NT. We are
>using a perl script to access it from a web page.
>
>The perl script is accessing SQL Plus , but this only allows one user to
>access the database at a time. Does anyone have any suggestions of what
>the best way to access the database using a perl script is..? Should we
>access it via OBDC.. ?

If you acces with ODBC you would lose some of your oracle extension which you may want to use. Have you tried having the perl script fork new processes and each of these processes could connect with SQL Plus.

>Another question;
>Is there a version of Oraperl for NT?

I think you can get Oraperl pretty much everywhere that you can get your perl executable working.

>thanks in advance
>

>edwin

Best regards,

Alireza Received on Tue Aug 22 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message