Re: Oracle Forms 5.0 !!!!

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/08/21

smuench_at_oracle.com (Steven P. Muench) wrote:

>%> In article <DDF85H.E02_at_news.metropolis.nl> mikephil_at_metropolis.nl
>%> (Mike Philippens) writes:
>%>

>That's the first time I've heard someone complain about steady, rapid,
>and significant progress in a product they are committed to using! ;->

>Generally we get people standing up and applauding the better
>performance, better usability, and extended features. I'd suggest that
>you contact your local Oracle office to stay abreast of early
>opportunities to test the components of the Developer/2000 Release 2
>products (which will include Forms 5.0) so as an educator you can plan
>your course development appropriately.

>Oracle is committed to significantly enhancing Developer/2000 and
>Designer/2000 to keep them ahead of all of their competition and to keep
>responding to our customers suggestions for extensions and
>improvements.

>Our key customers want to see our strategic direction and what better
>place to show them than IOUW. In fact, what better place to *DEMO* it.

>--
> Steve Muench Email: smuench_at_us.oracle.com
> Sr. Product Manager
> Tools Development
> Oracle Corporation

Not everyone has time to test beta releases of software. Some of us have real work do to. Constant upgrades detract from the real work of producing and supporting working systems.

If you hadn't made such a mess of Forms 4.0 (or taken so long to get a Windows product out) you woudn't have to rush out intermediate fixes like 4.5

Jim Smith                      jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk
Oracle DBA