Re: When LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST fills up?

From: Greg Tupper <gtupper_at_monkfish.nosc.mil>
Date: 1995/08/21

: Actually, this happened to us (accidently) last week. Believe it or
: not, ORACLE actually recovered totally as soon as wee freed up enough
: space for the archived redo log to be completely written out - and
: continued running as if nothing had happened.

: This is running 7.1.4 for SVR4. It did take about 2 hours to
: straighten itself out though !
: --
: Michael Marsden "It's the car, right ? Chicks dig the car"
: ORACLE Database Consultant -- BATMAN Forever --
: mmarsden_at_netcom.com, mmarsden_at_ozemail.com.au
: Disclaimer: I own the company so I can say what I like !

If you did not figure out that the problems was a full disk and you shutdown abort the instance, there may be a partial log file that will need to be removed.   On startup oracle will try to archive its log file, find that one is already there and complain.

Greg Tupper
SAIC Comsystems
gtupper_at_nosc.mil Received on Mon Aug 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message