Change SQL*Net tcp/ip packet size?

From: Dale E. Benjamin <dbenjamin_at_fcpa.fujitsu.com>
Date: 1995/08/19

Looking for information on how to adjust the packet size for SQL*Net TCP/IP version 2. There are references in some of the Oracle bulletins on RTSS that this can be done, but no where can I find instructions on how to do this.

Have already contacted Oracle Support, but the information they've given me (so far) doesn't answer this question.

We'd like to do this to allow for more efficient use of our network (lots of small sqlnet tcp/ip packets, would like to have small amounts of larger packets instead).

If anyone can help, or suggest where I can find this, I'll post our results of the test back into this newsgroup.

thx! - dale e. benjamin Received on Sat Aug 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message