Re: Shared Memory Problem - Solaris 2.4 Oracle7.1.6

From: darryl snedeker <darryl.snedeker_at_amd.com>
Date: 1995/08/17

When the Oracle RDBMS is started it attempts to obtain/allocate shared memory for it's own purposes, creation of the SGA being one of them. In your situation, it is my belief that you have not allocated enough shared memory to the Oracle processes. To change the settings of your shared memory parameters I would suggest that you refer to your Oracle installation guide for the Solaris O/S. There you will find a section that describes the purpose of each shared memory parameter. Once altered, it would be best if you rebooted your machine for the new Shared Memory Parameters to take effect.

If increasing the amount of shared memory yields little to no success, I would then recommend you review the possibility of relocating the SGA as a remedy. If possible, try to circumvent this remedy as it will be necessary to perform additional tasks for every future RDBMS upgrade.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck.

-D Received on Thu Aug 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message