Re: Database Queries (gurus - Help needed)

From: K. J. Evans <v26>
Date: 1995/08/17

Zsandra,
Do you just want a query(read-only), or do you want to update the database with the substringed values? Please be more specific !!!!!

In either case RTFM.

If you DO want to update the database instead of just reading the substringed value try:

update table.name set field_name = substr(field_name,3,20);

Karen Evans
****** My opinions are mine and not my absentee employers' opinion. ;-)