Re: Netware database backup

From: Tony Louis <physfla_at_gate.net>
Date: 1995/08/16

In article <40t13l$g2d_at_bull.hkstar.net> chleung_at_b2.hkstar.com (Leung Cheuk Hang) writes:
>From: chleung_at_b2.hkstar.com (Leung Cheuk Hang)
>Subject: Netware database backup
>Date: 16 Aug 1995 14:59:00 GMT

>We are currently using oracle7 on netware.

>We found out we have to shutdown the database before we can do the
>database Database backup.
>On Netware, we have to shutdown the Database in the console or through
>some window tools. The job have to be down manually.

>Hence, we cannot schedule the database backup at night to let the
>computer do it automatically.

>Anybody has any idea to automate the Netware Oracle backup ?

>Thks,
>Steve Leung (Hong Kong)
>(chleung_at_hkstat.com)

Steve,
We have seen a product in the US called "Phantom of the Console" which is a Netware Loadable Module (NLM) that can schedule jobs on the console. We have tried it at a client site to invoke SQLDBA, shutdown, and backup - it seems to work fine. You can schedule multiple jobs to run automatically at a specified time either daily, weekly, or monthly.

I've seen the product details posted in the Oracle User Group on CompuServe (GO ORAUSER). It's not very expensive!!!

Tony Louis.
Physmark Inc., Tampa, FL 33617.
e-mail: physfla_at_gate.net Received on Wed Aug 16 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message