Saving Long Raw as files under Unix

From: Gametek <Gametek_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/08/16

I have a problem.

I am using Oracle to store file data in a variety of formats...each file is stored in the Long Raw format. I need to output this data as a file to a Unix system. From what I can tell, there's no 'output to file' command available under Oracle 7.1, using either PL/SQL or or Oracle Forms 4.0. I can write a set of user exits in C to do the file handling, but I'd rather know if there is a commercial/shareware/freeware package that provides this functionality before I reinvent the wheel. I need it for several flavors of Unix. Received on Wed Aug 16 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message