Coupling an Oracle based LIMS with an AS/400?

From: Willem Mulder <lims_at_semtex.xs4all.nl>
Date: 1995/08/13

We will possibly be buying a LIMS which uses the Oracle database. But most of our other processes are run on an AS/400, like order-entry and billing.

Both vendors assure us a quick and seamless coupling with an Oracle-gateway. But we are concerned about the speed of the gateway.

Is there anybody who has coupled the two using a gateway and willing to talk about experiences?

Willem Mulder lims_at_semtex.xs4all.nl Space unintentionally left blank