Re: Help for EXP

From: John Bracken <johnb_at_jbracken.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/08/12

Jim Gregory <jim.gregory_at_DaytonOH.attgis.com> wrote:

>A full database export will get everything regardless of where it's stored and
>put it into a single export file. If you then try and use the export to
>import the data and the structure, ORACLE will even attempt to re-create the
>files where the tablespaces are stored ( usually you will have pre-created at
>least the basic structure of the DB before doing the import )
>Jim Gregory
>>>
>>>Hi, I try to export entire database. But I find that there are several
>>>segments (extents) in different disk partitions. If I use EXP to export
>>>entire database, will all data export into one file, or not?
>>>
>>>Thanks for help.
>>>
>>>tony.zhou_at_m.cc.utah.edu

Be very careful with the re-create dbf file option. V7 allows the option of destroy=no. The typical movement of live into test can cause many problems which this switch can sort out. destroy will stop the re-creation of the dbf if the file already exists.

John Bracken -- 'Gooden day, big-feller mine host! Trois Liverpool, UK beers pour favour avec us, silver plate' --
  • johnb_at_jbracken.demon.co.uk ..or.. jbracken_at_uk.oracle.com ======