Re: HELP: 7.1.6 install on SCO Unix

From: Jim Winterroth <jwinter_at_qdrs2a.stg.trw.com>
Date: 1995/08/07

vkwan_at_news.dorsai.org (Vito Kwan) wrote:

> Contractor - Yuk Hon "Johnny" Chan (jychan_at_corp.hp.com) wrote:
> : Jim Winterroth (jwinter_at_qdrs2a.stg.trw.com) wrote:
> : : Trying to install 7.1.6 from CD-ROM onto a SCO Unix box.
> : : The script files have all the file names in lower case, all the
> : : files names on the CD-ROM are in UPPER CASE. Unix is case
> : : sensitive. How do I get the install to work?

> : I've haven't install O7 on SCO, but on HP, there's a program that converts
> : creates links so that the install can read the ISO format CD roms.

> : jc
>
> Read the readme file first. It tells you how to mount the cd-rom
> and read it in lower case. Something like
>
> %mount HS,lower
>
> --
> Vito Kwan

Got it. They sent me a fax and I needed a UOD374 patch from SCO to accept that syntax. I still had to copy start.sh to the hard drive and edit it manually to get it to run though. Now the install fails telling me it cannot allocate enough memory for the SGA. I've upped SHMMAX from the default all the way up to 40Mb (Oracle recommends 20Mb) Received on Mon Aug 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message