Move Financials to a database server

From: Sean Kubovcik <seankub_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/08/05

We are currentlry using Oracle Inventory as a stand alone and we want to move the application and database to a database server that already has a database for a custom order entry system. We want to maintain the same instance to speed up triggers between the order entry system and Oracle Inventory. In addition, we want to maintain the same instance so the users will only have one logid and not have to log in and out in order to switch applications.

The question is : what is required to move to the database server, i.e. export INV & FND? and what other Oracle specific files? We also need to be carefull not to affect the existing order entry database. We will be accessing this database server by client Oracle Inventory servers via SQL*NET 2.0.

Thanks,
Sean Received on Sat Aug 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message