Re: Reading Oracle dmp files (file format of imp/exp)

From: F.Frederick Skitty <Igotan_at_ombomb.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/08/03

In article: <3vo6bo$1hb_at_news.alcatel.ch> degen_at_srzva257.alcatel.ch (degen) writes:

> I need to read some Oracle dump files (Oracle exp utility)
> and access its data WITHOUT using Oracle. Glancing

Well (this method does use Oracle, sorry) if you want a list of the create statements for all the objects in the .dmp file you can use the following command;

imp userid=<a_dba_user>/<passwd> file=<the dump file> full=y indexfile=cr_objects.sql

this will give you a file called cr_objects.sql with all the creates in it.

It performs no operations on the database itself.

--
IGotAn_at_omBomb.demon.co.uk | WeirdGuy_at_cix.compulink.co.uk =%^)
Hit them in the face, with a Funky Bass, For a Happy Smiling race.