Re: read backwards?

From: Robert Du Gaue <rdugaue_at_calweb.com>
Date: 1995/08/01

> > Is there a way to read backwards from a certian point and return say the
> > next 25 names before a specific key and not have ORacle start from the
> > begining of the table?

> What are u using to display the list.

Oracle Forms.

> can't you fetch the active set into an array or something and then go back
> and forth as much as you want.

There's not really an active set. Basically the first screen is painted with a where clause for (name.col >= entered.name) so I assume the data even if we used a cursor would basically be beginning from entered.name forward. Doing a previous page though with a (name.col < entered.name (or first_display_name) wants to read the whole table forward!