Re: Forms 4.5 triggers

From: Rene Hoekstra <Rene.Hoekstra_at_rivm.nl>
Date: 1995/08/01

In article <199507310217.a2065_at_sz.maus.de>,

   Thomas_Kuchenbuch_at_sz.maus.de (Thomas Kuchenbuch) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>is there any way to execute some PL/SQL-code whenever a value is selected
>from a LOV and inserted into a text item?
>
>WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger seems too late because I'd like to
>enable/disable some pushbuttons depending on the selected value _before_
>the user leaves the current text item.
>
>Thanks for any advice!
>
>Thomas

A possible solution is to redefine the 'KEY-LISTVAL' trigger as follows:

/* KEY-LISTVAL */
List_Values;
Validate( ITEM_SCOPE );

This validates the item at the moment you select a value instead of when you validate the item when leaving it.

Hope this helps.

Rene.

| Rene Hoekstra
| E-Mail : Rene.Hoekstra_at_rivm.nl
| National Institute of Public Health and Environmental
| Protection (R.I.V.M.)
| Bilthoven, The Netherlands
      " Alleen slaapwandelaars kunnen in slaap vallen "