Question? Kanji returned using OCI

From: Allwyn Lobo <olly_at_odo.engr.sgi.com>
Date: 1995/08/01

Hi

        I have been able to see the results of queries using sqlplus viz. the Kanji characters are displayed on the Kanji Terminal (kterm), in OCI I am trying to get back the results of the same queries I get ???? (question marks) printed on the screen. I am using NLS_LANG=JAPANESE_JAPAN_JA16EUC; LC_ALL=ja_JP.EUC set in my UNIX environment. Using the debugger I see that the program is receiving ????'s could somebody please provide a clue as to what am I not doing right. The DB is a 7.1.6 version of oracle server and is Multi Byte encoded with the JA16EUC character set. Is there something specific that needs to be done in OCI when opening the connection to the DB etc.

Thankx for taking the time.

Olly.
Allwyn Lobo (415)390-2431 Received on Tue Aug 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message